- MBA Admission Started for 2023-2025 Batch
- Application for two year full- time MSW programme invited. Apply online
- Campus Flora Documentary | Dept. of Botany | Bharata Mata College
- Vacancy for Research Assistant in Bharata Mata School of Social Work | under ICSSR sponsored major research project. Candidate should be MSW with proven academic record and minimum one year of experience. Research and publication exposure is desirable
- ICSSR Sponsored International Seminar | Digital Innovations in Business & Finance : Emerging Trends and Potentials
- Notification of Invitation for Research Proposals
Botany students of the college on
terrarium, flower arrangements, bonsai etc
In July 1965, the department of biology was established to handle the pre-degree classes. In 1970, a full-fledged department was formed with the commencement of B.Sc. Botany Course with a sanctioned strength of 36 students. The department started under the headship of Rev. Sr. Janitta S.D. The department aims to develop an aptitude towards science and nature there by achieving academic excellence. The faculty also trains the students in Laboratory skills and encourages them to pursue higher studies, research and entrepreneurship.
The four faculty members are actively engaged in academic, extension and outreach programmes and among them two are PhD degree holders. Prof. Jacob Varghese is a much sought after horticulturist, expert in landscaping, columnist. He serves as landscape consultant for Southern Naval Command residential Complex and conducts horticulture awreness programmes in various TV channels and has 8 books to his credit. Some of our students secured prizes in various intercollegiate quiz programmes. Chandini A. S secured A+ & IV rank in M G University B.Sc Degree CBCSS exam 2016
- Short term workshop for vocational higher secondary students on horticulture, landscaping, flower arrangements etc
- Hands on training for Botany students of the college on terrarium, flower arrangements, bonsai etc
- Hands on training for Botany students of the college on preparation of vegetable seedlings using innovative techniques.
- Vegetable cultivation in the campus premises.
- Power point presentation
- Board & pen
- Spontaneous class tests
- Routine Test papers
The department has two laboratories and a library enriched with around 2300 books which includes recent books and latest editions