- MBA Admission Started for 2023-2025 Batch
- Application for two year full- time MSW programme invited. Apply online
- Campus Flora Documentary | Dept. of Botany | Bharata Mata College
- Vacancy for Research Assistant in Bharata Mata School of Social Work | under ICSSR sponsored major research project. Candidate should be MSW with proven academic record and minimum one year of experience. Research and publication exposure is desirable
- ICSSR Sponsored International Seminar | Digital Innovations in Business & Finance : Emerging Trends and Potentials
- Notification of Invitation for Research Proposals
MG University which offers
new generation aided course MSc. Space Science.
The Department of Physics was established in the year 1965 with the commencement of the science groups in the Pre-Degree course. Physics Department currently offering two UG Degree courses and one PG course. BSc.Physics Model I started on 7th August 1980 and BSc Physics Model II(Computer Applications as Vocational Subject) started on 4th August 2001. The new generation aided post graduate course MSc. Space Science started in the academic year 2020-21.
The department aims to facilitate quality teaching and learning, provide proper exposure to the theories and experiments in the discipline of physics and motivate the students to higher learning and research. We strive to inculcate scientific temper, ethical values and a sense of morality aiming at overall personality development and holistic excellence.
The Department is blessed with seven well experienced, eminent and committed permanent faculties. All of them are PhD holders in various disciplines such as Astrophysics, Plasma Physics, Material Science, Nanotechnology etc. Many former students of this department have secured admission in IIT’s, IIM’s, National Universities and other prestigious Universities. The Department is rich in infrastructure and facilities. Seminars, workshops, orientation programmes and co-curricular activities are conducted regularly. An Astronomy Club is also functioning under the Department. Alumni members of our department are holding responsible positions in various Educational Institutions, IT Companies and some of them are top business Executives.
- Only college under the MG University which offers the new generation aided course MSc. Space Science.
- BSc Physics Model II degree course specialized in Computer Applications .
- Mandatory research project for all final year UG students and they are encouraged to use the equipment facilities of the department.
- Undertaking extension activities to inculcate social commitment among students
- The department provides facilities to outside students for doing their academic projects.
The Department of Physics has two well-equipped UG Physics labs and one PG lab. The labs are equipped with instruments such as Interferometer, Optical fiber and Lasers which are useful in Optical based projects. The lab is also equipped for basic nanotechnology projects. We have also a Computer lab with 20 computers. The department has a library with above 2500 books and 5 journals.
- ICT Enabled Teaching
- Outcome based teaching learning process.
- Lecture Method
- Test papers
- Hands on Training
- Industrial Visit
- Study Tour