final year students.
The programme B.Com Computer Application [Model – I], was started under the CBCSS Scheme of the M G University in the year 2012 with a strength of 37 students and two teachers. An additional batch was sanctioned by the university in 2013 with strength of 34 students. At present the programme has student strength of 361 students with 9 teachers. Now we have two batches CA Batch I and CA Batch II. Batch I has class strength of 180 students. Batch II has class strength of 181 students. Now the department has 6 commerce teachers, 2 computer teachers and 1 language teachers. B.Com Computer Application is an Undergraduate Commerce degree with a specialization in Computer. With a strong foundation in commerce subjects as well as in Web designing, Ms Office and computerized accounting. This dynamic curriculum design prepares the students to adapt to the demand and face challenges of today’s world. The course lays strong emphasis on commerce and related subjects. The programme has both theory and practical subjects as part of the syllabus.
The uniqueness of the department is to have a rapport with the recent technological updates and its effects in the commerce industry. The students of the Department actively take part in different interdepartmental and intercollegiate competitions and have won several prizes and awards.Tinto and Varun secured first prize in paper presentation competition conducted by MES College, Kunnukara.
- Industrial Visit for final year students.
- Supporting “THERUVORAM”-an NGO for street people nearby kakkanad.
- Meals on Wheels” – a program for providing meals to the Co-operative Medical College. Proficiency prize for best performer
- Dress Bank- a program for providing dress for the needy.
- Lecture method
- PPT presentations
- Project analysis
- Seminar presentations
- Industrial visits
- Study tour
- English language teachers use audio aids to improve the lingual abilities of the students.
- use Over Head Projector (OHP) and LCD / DLP Projector for better communication of maps, diagrams, pictures, etc,
The department has OHP supported class rooms and a computer lab with 65 systems and 2 projectors.