- Apply for the post of Assistant Professor in the Department of B Com Finance & Taxation and Computer Application
- Applications are invited to the following Non-Teaching Staff posts of Mechanic-1, Office Attendant-5
- MBA Admission Started for 2023-2025 Batch
- Application for two year full- time MSW programme invited. Apply online
The B.Com Marketing Department was initiated in the year 2013 with the sanctioned strength of 40. In 2013 there were only 14 students. Now it has increased to 134 students. Though the Marketing Department started as a part of
Finance and Taxation Department, in the year 2018 it became an independent department. This UG course is designed with the aim to provide a multi faceted access to both practical and application aspects of Marketing. We are dedicated to give a comprehensive development which will mould the students into academically competent, morally up-right and socially well integrated individuals. We help them to develop critical thinking skills by providing them with practical marketing principles, examples and case studies, which will improve the student’s
cognitive abilities and enable them to develop marketing strategies. In this stream, students will study Advertising, Business Communication, Customer Relationship Management, International Marketing, Marketing Research etc. Till 2018, the Department joined hands with Finance and Taxation Department in the noble mission ‘I can make a difference’ as part of our social commitment. UG in marketing prepares students for careers in the held by enhancing their understanding of the social and economic forces at work in national and global markets. The course is career oriented in nature providing umpteen opportunities in various fields.
Our faculty have engaged in research with the aim of continuous improvement. They have published journal articles in leading national and international journals including International Journal of Information and Computing Science (IJICS).There are 3 NET holders in the department.. Asst.Prof. Muthulakshmi R, was awarded the best presenter for her paper titled “Emerging trends in corporate sector” (International conference)organized by PG Department of Commerce & Research centre on 19th July 2017 at St.Xavier’s College for women, Aluva. The
student co-ordinator of “I can make a difference” was honored in the college Jubilee function for the initiative they took in reaching out to the needy sections of the society.
- Qualitative teamwork.
- Exemplary results in academics.
- Aims at overall development of students.
- Events with a touch of novelty.
- Value based knowledge dissemination.
- Top priority to discipline and academics
- Strive for perfection in tasks assigned
- Maintains cordial relationship with parents.
- Active participation of students in academics, sports, cultural activities
- Google Classroom (ICT enabled teaching)
- Inquiry – based learning (Seeking answers through asking challenging questions)
- Problem based learning (Case studies)
- Power point presentations by teachers and students
- Online Assignments
- Tutorial (Peer teaching)
- Construction of lecture summaries by students
- Internal & external exams
- Audio sessions
- Guided Lecture
Class rooms are equipped with projectors and portable mike systems