like publication of hand book and
career exhibition for
higher secondary and UG students
The programme B.Com Tourism and Travel Management started in the year 2002 as a UGC Sponsored Vocational Programme with a sanctioned strength of 36 students and two teachers. At that time it was a unique course in the University offering a twin degree in Commerce as well as Tourism & Travel Management. Within a short span of time this programme gained its name and fame. In 2009 this course was converted to Model – III, B.com Tourism and Travel Management under CBCSS Scheme by the University. At present the programme has student strength of 140 students and 4 teachers.With a strong foundation in commerce subjects as well as in tourism related subjects, this dynamic curriculum design prepares the students to adapt to the demand and face challenges of today’s world. The course lays strong emphasis on commerce and related subjects. The programme has both theory and practical subjects as part of the syllabus.
Our students exhibits their talents in various academic and cultural competitions held inside and outside the campus.Muneera K M and KeerthanaPanikar got second place in the PowerPoint presentation competition conducted by Speed wings Aviation Academy.Priya Rose, Muneera K N, J Adhisheshan got third prize in the case study competition on the topic unexplored tourist destination – prospectus and opportunities conducted as a part of Soles 2017- an IPR event.
- Orientation programme for first year students
- Based on the results of all the competitions the second year students were awarded with the best class ever rolling trophy.
- Outreach programmes like publication of hand book and career exhibition for higher secondary and under graduate students in and around Ernakulam district.
- Remedial classes for weaker students
- Assessment of teachers from all students
- English teacher uses audio aids to improve the linguistic abilities of the students.
- Other teachers use Over Head Projector (OHP) and LCD / DLP Projector for better communication of maps, diagrams, pictures, etc,
- The teachers and the students use the departmental and college libraries.
The department has OHP supported class rooms and a computer lab with 65 systems and 2 projectors.